Project Home • Forums • Wiki • Known Issues • Screenshots • Contact Project
WSCandis is a caching and directory solution especially tailored for enterprise environments in which client applications rely on a layer of webservices that may be located on separate locations. In these environments applications are often deployed from one or more development servers to one or more production servers.
The Webservices Caching and Directory Service (wscandis) tries to address the following issues:
• The need of applications that act as webservices clients to have the webservice WSDL address
hardcoded as part of the application code.
• The lack of a single directory of web services used by all applications
• Lack of a consistent naming scheme for all webservices (i.e. "com.uvi.general.resorts") regardless of their network location, implementation language and environment.
• An application's need to use a different webservice, or the same webservice but on different
locations, based on whether the application is being executed on a development or production
• Performance hit on high demand applications due to having to continually instantiate and discard
webservice stubs for each request.
WSCandis tries to solve these problems using a two-part approach: a webservice stub caching mechanism and the use of a central directory and lookup service.
Tested under ColdFusion MX 7, but should work on any version of ColdFusion or BlueDragon that supports CFCs and WebServices.
There are no issues for this project.
To enter issues for this (or any other) project, you must be logged in.
You may access this project's Subversion repository with your client here: http://svn.riaforge.org/wscandis.
To view files and changelists associated with this repository, go here: http://wscandis.riaforge.org/index.cfm?event=page.svnbrowse.
You may download the latest set of files from Subversion as a zip file.
Anonymous users have read access to the repository while the administrator has write access.
This project is sharing its code via Subversion. Subversion is an open source source control method. You may find more information about Subversion here: http://subversion.tigris.org/
Adobe and the Adobe product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.